Joseph Rotherforth m. Mary Revil 26 AUG 1792 at Handsworth
John Rotherforth, an Agricultural Labourer, born about 1836 in Worksop, married Elizabeth (abt 1836). In 1871 they were living in Whiston with children:
- George born about 1858
- Frank E born about 1862. Married Sarah
- John born 1865
- Ann E born 1867, a domestic nurse in the Merryweather household in 1881.
- Fanny born 1869
The 1881 census shows 3 more children:
Josh. born 1872
Chas. Hy. born 1874
William born 1877
Charles Henry was a member of the 2nd King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry. He was wounded and missing after action at Sanna's Post on March 31st, 1900. Source: Leeds Mercury.
In 1891 Frank E, an agricultural labourer, was living at Moorhouse Cottages, Moorhouse, Whiston with his wife Sarah (born Hatfield, Doncaster). Children:
- John W Rotherforth,son,8
- George Rotherforth,son,6
- Lilian Rotherforth,daughter,4
- Rose Rotherforth,daughter,2
They had another daughter Fanny, born in 1891, who married Edwin Roddis (born 13/03/1889)
Living on Moorhouse Road Whiston in 1871 was Francis Rotherforth an agricultural labourer born Harthill, age 68 and his wife Elizabeth age 57, born Clowne, Derbyshire. Child:
- Fanny, aged 25, a Milliner, born Harthill.
- Grandson George aged 4 born in Sheffield